Sunday, January 30, 2011

Anushka Sharma Interview: I was initially scared to shoot with Rishi Kapoor

Anushka Sharma Interview: I was initially scared to shoot with Rishi Kapoor: Anushka Sharma reveals she was initially scared to shoot with veteran actor Rishi Kapoor with whom she shares the screen in her latest film ‘Patiala House’.

‘His (Rishi’s) demeanor was such that he was very intimidating. But I realised that actually he is a very cool person. He cracks lots of jokes and used to keep pulling my leg all the time,’ Anushka told IANS in an interview.

‘Later on, the ice was broken, but initially I was very scared because he comes across as a very strict person,’ she added.

With three successful films under her belt, Anushka is happy to claim that she is regarded as a bankable actor.

‘After ‘Band Baaja Baaraat’, people are viewing me differently. I have been seen as a bankable actor. So, a lot of good things, a lot of appreciation. I am feeling comfortable in the industry,’ she said.

‘Band Baaja Baaraat’ completes her three-film contract with Yash Raj Films that gave her the first break opposite superstar Shah Rukh Khan in ‘Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi’ in 2008 and then her role in ‘Badmaash Company’.

For ‘Band Baaja Baarat’, Anushka shared the best actress trophy at the Apsara Awards 2011 with Vidya Balan, who won it for ‘Ishqiya’.

The model-turned actress consciously avoids to be typecast and feels lucky that she got to do distinctly different characters in all the four films, including ‘Patiala House’, she has done so far.

‘Right after my first film, I went and signed ‘Badmaash Company’, which was right opposite of my debut character,’ Anushka said.

‘That was exciting because I know my value and I know that I am capable of doing a lot more. So I only choose and work with people who have faith in my capabilities as an actor,’ she added.

‘I don’t want to work with people who would take me in an easy way and cast me in something which I have done before. So far I am lucky that I have worked with people who have given me different kinds of films,’ she added.

Asked what exactly she looks at while choosing a film, the actress said: ‘When I read a script, the first thing I see is whether I would be watching this film and be entertained.’

‘Then I see my role in the film. Is it challenging enough? Is it going to make any difference in my career?’ she added.

The 22-year old trusted the same instincts while signing ‘Patiala House’, where she plays actor Akshay Kumar’s muse.

Directed by Nikhil Advani, ‘Patiala House’ shows how a second-generation Sikh Guttu (Akshay Kumar) and his siblings in London held back their dreams out of love and respect for their authoritarian father (Rishi Kapoor).

But Guttu meets Simran (Anushka) who gives him the strength to stand up once again to fulfil his dream.

This cross-generation drama is about second chances.

Anushka personally never had to bear any such family obligation while either choosing modelling or acting as a profession. But she said she could easily relate to it.

‘I wanted to be a model, my parents were okay with that. I wanted to be an actor, my parents were okay with that too. That way, I have been lucky. But I know someone who has (strict parents) so I can empathise and relate to it,’ she said.

Working with Akshay was a learning experience for Anushka.

‘He is super professional. He does very small, small things, which are subtle and funny. That is something I learnt from him – to be aware of small things, not only of big things,’ the actress said.

No comments:

Post a Comment