Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hard Kaur laughing when the idea of acting made for her

Hard Kaur laughing when the idea of acting made for her: Rapper Hard Kaur couldn’t stop laughing when director Nikhil Advani approached her for a role in Patiala House.

“When Nikhil called me and told that he is offering a role to me in his film...I was laughing like hell and asked him several times if he was sure about me acting in the film. I had to give screen test and I was nervous because I can remember lyrics but not dialogues," Kaur is quoted as saying by a news agency.

"Nikhil believed that I could do justice to the character and I am thankful to him," she said.

The singer-turned-actress will sport a de-glam look in the movie contrary to her hip-hop style.

"I play the role of Komal, who is Akshay's cousin. She is a very simple girl wearing salwar-kameez and 'lambi choti'. In the film I want to be a rapper but I am afraid of what will happen if Rishiji comes to know about it. Without his knowledge, I try to fulfill my desires," she said.

“I was able to connect with my role for a couple of reasons because as a Punjabi girl, when I was small my relatives used to tell that girls of the family should not sing, dance and all..,” Kaur said.

The 31-year-old, who had earlier participated in TV dance reality show Jhalak Dikhla Jaa, had received a couple of film offers did not intend to do stereotypical roles.

No comments:

Post a Comment